A comprehensive school seismic upgrading program is underway to make schools safer in the event of an earthquake by minimizing the probability of structural collapse. This is a joint undertaking by the BC Ministry of Education and the Vancouver Board of Education
Click here to learn more about the program:
Provincial Seismic Mitigation Program
Click here for the current status of the school:
False Creek Elementary School Seismic Plan
Please click here to read the latest False Creek Newsletter:
False Creek Newsletter – Sept 20, 2016
Highlights include the following:
- School Fees and Activities Fee
- Entertainment Book Fundraiser
- Parent-Teacher Goal Setting Conferences:
- Wed., Oct 5 &Thur., Oct 6
- Freezie Sales—Friday, September 23 and 30
- Split Second Basketball Afterschool Basketball Program
- PAC Lunch September/October
- order deadline – Thursday, September 22
- Direct Donation Fundraising Drive
- Family Photo Sessions
- Thurs Sep 22, Fri Sep 23, Sat Sep 24
- Terry Fox Run —Thursday September 29th
- Afterschool Programs at False Creek
Please see below for information about Hapa-palooza – an upcoming event in our neighbouhood, organized by one of our False Creek School parents.
Hapa-palooza Family Day is this Sat. Sept. 24th, 1-4 pm at the Granville Island Picnic Pavilion,
This free family friendly event welcomes all people, and celebrates diverse heritage. Live music By Zhambai Trio and dance performance by the Kauhane School of Polynesian Dance. Also, there will be face-painting, henna art, balloon art, and a photo-booth.
We are looking forward to a great year! Our first PAC meeting takes place on Tuesday, September 20th from 6:30 – 8:00pm in the school library. All parents/guardians are invited to attend.
At this meeting we will chat about the role of PAC at False Creek School and elect our Executive and Committee Chairs.
Come learn what PAC is and does and how to get involved!
PAC is pleased to provide an optional weekly lunch program at False Creek School. We use an online ordering and payment system and work with local vendors to provide a variety of lunch menu items that are approved by the BC Nutritional Guidelines for Schools.
PLEASE NOTE – Our online system is reset each year so RETURNING FAMILIES WILL NEED TO RE-CREATE THEIR USER IDS AND PASSWORDS (they can be the same as last year) and follow the set up below:
TO SET UP YOUR ACCOUNT AND PLACE AN ORDER:
- Go to falsecreek.backpacfundraising.com
- Click on “Click Here to Register”
- Enter Access Code FCHL
- Complete the rest of the registration form. (Including your email address will ensure you receive reminder emails about hot lunch order deadlines, and your child’s hot lunch order for the upcoming week)
- Click the “Register Now” button at the bottom
- Follow the instructions to add each child in your family who attends False Creek
- Once your child(ren) are registered, click on “Orders”
- Proceed to order hot lunch for your child(ren)
PAC is pleased to provide an online booking and payment system for our annual Family Photo event. Spots tend to fill quickly so we encourage you to book as soon as possible. Follow this link: http://falsecreekpac.ca/fundraising/family-photo-sessions/family-photo-session-booking
PAC is hosting the Sports Day Concession on Thursday, May 19th. Online ordering is now closed. Food and drink items will be available for purchase on sports day.
We will also need volunteers to help with set up, food preparation, food distribution and clean up. If you can spare 40 minutes, we can use your help! Please add your name to our Sports Day Volunteer Sign Up Sheet.
Thank you for supporting this PAC activity!